4 Year Old Program
3 Days a week M / W / F 9:30 -- 12:30
5 Days a week M - F 9:30 -- 12:30
Building upon the 2 year and 3 year old program, Children are taught the following:
- Colors and shapes are reviewed. Numbers 1-10 include recognition/writing and counting. The students will learn to count to 20.
- Name recognition and writing of first name. Recognition of letters, writing upper and lower case and their sounds. Beginning sounds and ending sounds.
- Address and phone number.
- Placement pattern, opposites, ordinal placement.
- The 5 senses, rhyming, the four seasons, charting, graphing and simple addition.
- Fine motor skills. Correct way to hold a pencil. Coloring, cutting, tracing.
- Putting on a coat, zippering, buttoning.
- Early literacy – retelling stories, sequencing stories, main character, plot, etc.
- Socialization – sharing, teamwork, interacting with groups of children as well as one on one. Sharing and getting along with others, waiting for a turn. Children will be exposed to new information through discovery and play.
- Homework will be given as a reinforcement of skills and concepts. Homework is an excellent way to assess your child’s shills and comprehension.
SPECIAL EVENTS :
STAR OF THE WEEK
Each student will be “star of the week.” Your child will be given a star of the week poster to decorate, which will be displayed in the classroom. During that week the parent will be invited to the class to read a favorite story and share a snack.
FIELD TRIPS ARE PLANNED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
WE HAVE A MOTHERS’ DAY TEA AND A DADS SPECIAL DAY .
PROGRESS REPORTS ARE SENT HOME DURING THE YEAR
NURSERY SCHOOL GRADUATION DAY IN JUNE